Sunday, November 22, 2015

Time flies when your having fun

All I can say is wow, did this semester fly by. Starting this course was honestly very nerve-racking. Last semester I had a few friends who were in the course and they made it clear that it was a lot of work. There words proved to be true but I am always down for the challenge.  My experience with the social media course was very challenging for me. The only social media website I ever post anything to is my Instagram account. Other then that, I have never used Twitter and I never post anything to Facebook. This course taught me how to utilize all the social media websites in a business sense. Running a businesss' Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts are a lot different then running any personal social media accounts. One of the biggest challenges I had were remembering to tweet and remember to post on Instagram. However, throughout the semester I was able to get more and more consistent with my posts and become more creative. 

If I were to go on and make this into a real thing, I would have a good head start and a darn good social media campaign. The platforms I used the most were Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Blogger. Soundcloud and Vine were fun to mess around with but we didn't spend much time with them. If I were to keep any of the platforms for a real business sense, I would keep Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, and Instagram. With the capability to link almost all your social media sites, gives you a open range to hit as many people who are in your target market using those sites. They are also different in there own way's so you are able to do a variety of advertisements, sales, and promotions. 

The knowledge this class has taught me will be used throughout my time in school and when I enter the real world. It was awesome to get to know and understand how social media sites can be used by business especially with the digital era we are in. I am excited to see where the knowledge I learned will be applied in my future careers. 


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how much you grew over the semester Mattea. I am so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete