Sunday, September 27, 2015

Safety first!


Taking care of your body is more important then anything. Long boarding can be a very dangerous sport. For me, being safe when riding has become a lot more realistic over the years. I used to never wear a helmet, kneepads, or wrist-pads while riding, but all that changed. There was this one time where the crew and I were filming a promo video for a new line of Longboards in southern California. Normally, wearing safety gear was never an option for me but since I was filming for the company, I felt it was necessary to show a good example to the public. This would soon be one of the most important decisions I have ever made. The shoot was going awesome, we were getting some great footage. There was this one turn on the hill where I knew I was going to fast to hit. The only thing I could do was try to slow down before I was going too fast to turn. There was some gravel at the turn that I didn't see. As I started to slide, I hit the gravel and my board slipped right from underneath me and I went soaring into a tree. It wasn't until a few hours later I woke up in the hospital with little memory to what happened. After watching the video and talking to the doctors, deciding to put safety gear saved my life that day. Its crazy to think how everything can change in a matter of seconds and you can't do anything about it. I was lucky enough to learn how important it is to wear safety equipment and live to tell the story. I hope you all can learn from my experience and make the right decision when it comes to safety. Heres a safety video from my good friend Emmanuelle Catanyag from Bombora boards. Please watch and learn how to properly equip yourself with the right safely gear. 


1 comment:

  1. This is very captivating, I like personal experience you included. The video absolutely blew my mind. It seems, to be timely written, the first sentence really gets right to the point of the article, and there are many real life examples. There were some grammatical errors that we discussed but overall it is top notch in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete